Please use this blog to:

1. Refresh your knowledge of Hilchos Kibbud Av V'Aim
2. Share insight and meaningful anectodes with others (Chicken Soup for the Soul - Style)
3. Add practical ideas, suggestions and lessons on how to enhance this Mitzva
4. Read the posts and get inspired
5. Use the forum to get, or give, advice on any Kibbud Av V'Aim question you might have
6. Strengthen your observance of this Mitzvah for Sruly's Zchus


Thursday, June 10, 2010

Opportunity of a Lifetime

Dearest Sruly and Chany and family

In your special zchus, i will humbly add my 2cents, (canadian) to this wonderful blog.

As you all know, my Mother just passed away. I want to share a short anecdote with the moral on Kibbud Av V'aim being JUST DO THE BEST YOU CAN. NOW.

About fourteen years ago, I had told Moishe, that i want to do anything and everything for my mother, and hoped that I would never have any regrets. Moishe had said that no matter what, I will still feel guilty afterwards for some-thing or another.

Indeed, over the next fourteen years, Hashem helped me and my family fulfill this, and we went to great lengths to give her the utmost honor, care and respect.

Sure enough, after my mother was niftar, I thought about it, and realized that Moishe was right. I did find some things to feel guilty about, despite all my best dedicated efforts to honor, respect and care for her in the best possible way. I am still so grateful for all we were able to do, and the way we did it.

As Zaidy Chanowitz says, "Capture the opportunity of a lifetime, in the lifetime of the opportunity."

We wish everyone, arichus yomim veshanim tovos always and only, with simcha bituv levov

Esther Chanowitz

2 comments:

  1. I cant believe that you remembered that conversation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther Shaindel, you and your family were a true inspiration with the devotion and care that you showed your mother.

    ReplyDelete